Wednesday, May 22, 2013

SBA - ASSIGNMENT #1 DRAWING

Received my artwork and marks from my SBA tutor in England today.
I had completed this assignment before even being accepted into the SBA Distance Learning Diploma Course.  I read thru the sample assignment descriptions on the SBA website and decided to go along with the program, completing the assignments as best I could.
I tend to do well when I have instructions and a goal, so this kept me going with my artwork.

Once I was accepted into the program, they gladly accepted the first assignment, which I had brought with me to England on my last trip.

I really wasn't sure what to expect grade wise, so I was very happy when I received my marks in the mail today and received an 8.7 out of 10.



Tonal Values


Tutor's comments:  Excellent tonal strip with good even graduated of squares from light to dark. 
 Near Perfect!


Line Drawing

Tutor's Comments:  Beautiful piece well composed and positioned on the sheet.  However the line is too dark.  (I did not realize the weight of the lines were to be very thin, so it could be painted over at a later date)  All the structure and character is there as is your drawing ability.


Stippled Study of a Single Flower



 Tutors Comments:  Here you have produced a wonderful study showing the character of the subject.  Your ability to convey shape and form with this technique is extremely good and you have good constraint showing depth.

Note: Tutor's comments are a condensed version

All in all, I am very happy with my marks and the tutors comments. 
Looking forward to receiving the marks back from Assignment #2
Now it's back to work on Assignment #3 Leaves!

.

1 comment:

  1. Wow--you are off to a great start! Well done on this assignment.

    ReplyDelete